Saturday, March 26, 2011

Conversations in my sleep

"I Love you."
"That doesn't answer my question."
"Look in my eyes, and tell me you don't believe me then."
"I believe you, but that's not what I want to know.
Those three words, they can twist anybody into anything.
But I know you well enough to know that isn't everything, that you have to say."
"What do you want to hear? That my world turns for you, that you bring up the sun and pull down my moon? Do you want to look at you and say I've been angry for the last 6 years of life, accept when I'm with you? Because all of that is true, if you didn't already know. But I hate that you know me so well, so well that I can't hide anything from you.
Last night, lying in bed, I pushed myself up off your chest just for a second, just so I could breath and you asked me what was wrong, How did you know? How do you always know when all my air is so caught in my throat and that every thought has my head spinning.
it's not fair. so don't ask me questions you already have answers to babe, you know exactly how I feel. Because it was you this summer, who sat infront of me and told me "You can't live your life for someone else, waiting for someone to come back.
It was you I ran in the rain with, it was you I cried to when I was trying so hard to hold back my tears.
So you know everything about me. Because for the last year you were my best friend and I told you everything, and for the last 6 months you've been my lover, and I tell you everything."
"I love you too."

No comments:

Post a Comment